Our Future Ready Alliance kicks off in October, again taking a two-part approach to supporting educators with resources for helping students prepare for post-secondary success. As they did last year, educators will participate both in workshops and Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) to explore and discuss one of three topics. The program will run this year on a hybrid model of virtual and in-person meetings.
Focus areas for this year are:
- Fundamentals of Future Readiness, which covers ways to make student plans meaningful; design student artifacts that document learning in purposeful ways; and connect students to work-based learning experiences that they find relevant and that meet Pennsylvania Department of Education criteria.
- Personalized Learning, which encompasses personalization strategies including Project-Based Learning (PBL), Human-Centered Design (HCD) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL), while exploring ways to rethink schedules and structures to create a more personalized experience for students.
- Culturally Sustaining Systems, which explores ways of talking about difficult topics in safe and purposeful ways and identifying strategies to support all students.
Districts can participate under either of two fee structures, the cost of which is based on our sliding, equitable pricing model:
- Alliance-only membership, which enables up to eight educators to participate in workshops and Professional Learning Communities of their choice and provides on-demand access to recorded workshops.
- Alliance+ membership, which offers the same benefits as the Alliance-only option, and also includes access to PBL and HCD training for up to five educators, with registration priority over other attendees; and support for developing business partnerships.
For more information, email any member of our Alliance team: Debbie Pixton; Christy Kuehn; Aaron Altemus or Sarah Brooks